——The New Companies Act 2015 Seminar——-
Will the new Companies Act be a boon or bane to SMEs? Find out more at this powerful seminar.
Find out what you need to know from this 1-day seminar
To Be Announced – Kuala Lumpur
Introduction- The Companies Act 2015 was tabled in Parliament during its session beginning in October 2015 and has been passed in the Dewan Rakyat on 4 April 2016. It is now undergoing its reading in Dewan Negara and expected to be gazetted before the end of the year. The new Companies Act 2015 will replace the Companies Act 1965. Some of the objectives of the new Act include the facilitating and modernizing of the corporate sector, simplifying of internal decision making processes, strengthening of the corporate governance structures and enhancing shareholders’ rights.
This workshop will examine some of the challenges and pitfalls facing businesses especially small or medium enterprises by discussing the provisions of the new Companies Act 2015 and their impact on drafting of documentation, meetings, proceedings of the Board, procedures and processes and the best practices in handling the challenges.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Adapt and apply appropriate response to the challenges and pitfalls of the new Act
- To see how they can benefit from the changes in the Act
- Recognize and apply the principles of case laws and judicial precedents in complying with the new Act
- Adopt best practices and implement the relevant changes in implementing the various provisions
- Innovate and offer solutions to minimize dispute and misunderstanding between directors and shareholders
The seminar will examine and discuss the compliance issues relating to:
- Incorporation of companies
- Keeping of documents and statutory books
- Laws and procedures of board meetings
- Convening, holding and requisitioning of general meetings
- Rights of shareholders
- Issuance of shares & maintenance of share capital
- Appointment, resignation and removal of directors
- Appointment, resignation and removal of company secretaries
- Auditor’s appointment, resignation and removal
Who Should Attend
Business Owners, CEOs, CFO, SOHO, Company secretaries, company directors, corporate professionals, corporate administrators, business managers and administrators involved in corporate advisory work and practice.
About The Trainer
Mr Kenneth Foo, FCIS, LL. B (Hons), CLP, has been practising as a Chartered Secretary under his own firm, KL Management & Secretarial Services since 1991. Kenneth has served as a Council member of the MAICSA and also a member of various Committees. Kenneth is currently the honorary secretary of the Malaysian Corporate Counsel Association, a non-governmental organization for in-house corporate counsels in Malaysia.
A regular contributor to MAICSA’s quarterly journal, The Corporate Voice with articles featuring corporate governance and compliance, Kenneth is also an adjunct lecturer at Universiti Kolej Tunku Abdul Rahman and an accredited speaker and trainer for many organisations including MAICSA, MACS, MIA, IACS and Symphony Digest for SIDC.
He also conducts in-house seminars and workshops for various corporations, most recently for the Centre For Islamic Banking, Finance And Management (CIBFM) in Brunei Darussalam, Bernas (PadiBeras Nasional Berhad), Curtin University, Kumpulan Darul Ehsan Bhd, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, Panasonic Appliances Refrigeration Devices Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Petronas, Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Selangor (PKNS), Sarawak Consolidated Industries Berhad, Sime Darby, Toyo Engineering & Construction Sdn Bhd and Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd (holding company of Maxis & Astro).
WE ARE HRDF REGISTERED TRAINING PROVIDER (Your company can apply funding directly under SBL-subject to HRDF approval)
The fee includes seminar materials, lunch & refreshment.
How to Register:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS/What’s App/Call 017-8668522
- Call 03-22024052
- Fax 03-22024001 (attn EventsMastery)
- Download Brochure here
- Download Registration Form here
Brought to you by
EventsMastery Asia Pacific Sdn Bhd (1045322M)